Our BigKids Acting workshops introduce your child to more advanced techniques and processes essential in performance. BigKids will study a variety of areas in greater depth including: Physical Theatre, Shakespeare, Monologues, Script Work, Stanislavski, Improvisation, Devising, Stage Combat, Musical Theatre, Mime, Comedy and more. Our main aim is to build on their confidence, stage presence, versatility as an actor and to expose them to more advanced performance techniques to aid their individual development as actors. Our innovative curriculum provides our BigKids with well-rounded tuition leading to more confident performers.
We have an amazing team of qualified practitioners providing opportunities in every workshop for your child to immerse themselves in the wonder of theatre and performance. Through our bespoke Acting activities children are able to express their individuality, grow in confidence and make new friends.
All of our Lead Practitioners have trained at prestigious Performing Arts Schools or have an abundance of theatrical experience, or both! We have a rigorous recruitment process where all practitioners are subject to comprehensive background checks, including Enhanced DBS checks. They are also required to complete an online child protection course.
Key areas covered in a
- Role-play and character development
- Responsiveness to a scene/character
- Stimulus devising and improvisation
- Voice (pitch, projection, clarity, tone, pace)
- Movement, physicality and body language
- Practitioner exploration (Brecht, Stanislavski)
- Choral speaking
- Genre exploration
What else do we offer?
- Parents receive written updates every term on your child's' development.
- Performance work created in our BigKids acting workshops is shared with family and friends at three stages throughout the year, allowing you to regularly celebrate your child's progress.
- Mindfulness techniques are used in workshops to promote wellbeing and self-awareness.
- We are not an acting agency, however we regularly forward casting and voice-work opportunities to parents if suitable opportunities arise.
Following advice from Public Health England and the Department for Education, we've worked hard to adapt our workshops and holiday courses to meet the latest government guidelines whilst maintaining all the benefits of our safe, confidence-building environment and developing social skills with evermore focus on wellbeing.
The monthly cost for our after-school workshops amounts to £40, paid via direct debit.