Our BigKids workshops introduce your child to more advanced techniques and processes essential in performance.
Our drama and acting classes for teens are for children who have already gained an understanding of the basics required for performance. We study style, genre, practitioners and text in greater depth. Children will engage in physical and vocal exercises, devising, improvisation, monologues and scene work – leading to more confident and well rounded performers. BigKids receive training in the following areas:
- Script exploration
- Musical Theatre
- Responsiveness to a scene/character
- Devising & Improvisation
- Physical Theatre
- Practitioner exploration (Brecht, Stanislavski)
- Genre exploration (Melodrama, Mime, Slapstick, Farce, Comedy, Historical)
- LAMDA examinations on request
- Parents of BigKids receive written updates each term on their child’s development.
- Performance work created in our BigKids acting workshops is shared with family and friends at three stages throughout the year, allowing parents to regularly celebrate their chil’s progress.
- Children have the opportunity to work in friendship groups- and with others- to help develop their confidence and social skills.
- Simple Mindfulness techniques are utilised in workshops to promote wellbeing and self-awareness.
CLAPTON – The Round Chapel, Glenarm Rd – MONDAYS 5pm – 6pm
Following advice from Public Health England and the Department for Education, we’ve worked hard to adapt our workshops and holiday courses to meet the latest government guidelines whilst maintaining all the benefits of our safe, confidence-building environment and developing social skills with evermore focus on wellbeing.
The monthly cost for our after-school workshops amounts to £40, paid via standing order.