Our BigKids workshops introduce your child to more advanced techniques and processes essential in performance.
Our drama and acting classes for teens are for children who have already gained an understanding of the basics required for performance. We study style, genre, practitioners and text in greater depth. Children will engage in physical and vocal exercises, devising, improvisation, monologues and/or scene work – leading to more confident and well rounded performers. We develop their skills by providing insight and training in the following areas:
- Script exploration
- Musical Theatre
- Responsiveness to a scene/character
- Devising & Improvisation
- Physical Theatre
- Practitioner exploration (Brecht, Stanislavski)
- Genre exploration (Melodrama, Mime, Slapstick, Farce, Comedy, Historical)
- The performance work created in our BigKids acting workshops is shared at three stages throughout the year, giving friends and family the opportunity to witness their child’s progress.
- Parents receive written termly updates on their child’s development.
- Children have the opportunity to work in friendship groups as well as mixed groups to help develop their confidence and social skills.
CLAPTON – The Round Chapel, Glenarm Rd – MONDAYS 5pm – 6pm – Starting in April 2020
The monthly cost for our after-school workshops amounts to £40, paid via standing order.