MONDAY– The Round Chapel – 4pm-4.50pm
THURSDAY– The Old Fire Station – 4pm-4.50pm
MONDAY – Space East – 4pm-4.50pm
THURSDAY– Durning Hall – 4pm-4.50pm
Drama is a great outlet for children to express themselves and provides them with the opportunity to experiment with their voices and movement in a safe and supportive environment. This enables their confidence to grow which can benefit them in other aspects of their lives where confidence and voice are key.
We also provide the opportunity for our ShowKids to take accredited performance examinations through L.A.M.D.A. Our tutors have a 100% pass rate with most achieving Merit or Distinction.
After school workshops:
- MiniKids workshops are 50 minutes in duration.
- Pupils are taught drama every week and singing and dance on alternate weeks.
- Activities each term are inspired by either a theme, topic, stimulus, musical, book or play.
- Pupils have the opportunity to work in friendship groups as well as mixed groups to help develop their social skills.
- Parents receive detailed termly emails on their child’s progress.
- Role-play to develop creative thinking.
- Developing language, projection and clarity through use of voice in performance.
- Group work to develop communication, social and listening skills.
- Performance to boost confidence and develop fluid and articulate speech.
- Developing the use of projection and articulation.
- Fun songs from musicals, films and the charts.
- Your child will have the opportunity to sing solo lines.
- Fantastic outlet for expression.
- Maintains well-being.
- High in energy – a fun way to keep fit!
- Developing coordination and concentration skills.
- Improving sense of rhythm.
- Developing creative thinking.