A MidiKids Acting workshop is a wonderful and nurturing learning experience for children! We cover a variety of areas including Physical Theatre, Shakespeare, Script Work, Improvisation, Devising, Musical Theatre (including dance) Comedy and more. In a MidiKids workshop we start to explore a wider range of acting skills and techniques, encouraging children to step out of their comfort zone and enhance their imagination and creativity, while still continuing to build their confidence. Our innovative curriculum provides our MidiKids with well-rounded tuition in the performing arts.
We have an amazing team of qualified practitioners providing opportunities in every workshop for your child to immerse themselves in the wonder of theatre and performance. Through our bespoke Acting activities children are able to express their individuality, grow in confidence and make new friends.
All of our Lead Practitioners have trained at prestigious Performing Arts Schools or have an abundance of theatrical experience, or both! We have a rigorous recruitment process where all practitioners are subject to comprehensive background checks, including Enhanced DBS checks. They are also required to complete an online child protection course.
Key areas covered
in a MidiKids workshop:
- Stimulus devising and improvisation
- Character development
- Use of voice (pitch, projection, clarity, tone, pace)
- Movement, physicality and body language
- Script work, staging and transitions
- Group work
What else do we offer?
- Parents receive written feedback every term on your child’s development.
- MidiKids share performance work with family at three stages throughout the year, allowing you to regularly celebrate your child’s progress.
- Mindfulness techniques are utilised in workshops to promote your child's wellbeing and self-awareness.
- We are not an acting agency, however we regularly forward casting and voice-work opportunities to parents if suitable opportunities arise.
CLAPTON - The Round Chapel, Glenarm Rd - MONDAYS 5pm - 6pm
STOKE NEWINGTON - The Old Fire Station, Leswin Rd - THURSDAYS 5pm - 6pm
FOREST GATE - Durning Hall Community Centre, Earlham Grove - WEDNESDAYS & THURSDAYS 5pm - 6pm
WALTHAMSTOW - Community Hub, Orford Road - TUESDAYS & WEDNESDAYS 5pm - 6pm
WALTHAMSTOW - The Greenleaf Centre, Greenleaf Road - THURSDAYS 5pm - 6pm
LEYTON - Leyton Sports Ground Pavilion, 2, Crawley Road - TUESDAYS & WEDNESDAYS 5pm - 6pm
Following advice from Public Health England and the Department for Education, we've worked hard to adapt our workshops and holiday courses to meet the latest government guidelines whilst maintaining all the benefits of our safe, confidence-building environment and developing social skills with evermore focus on wellbeing.