Our MidiKids workshops build on your child’s confidence, while exploring a wider range of acting skills and techniques essential in performance.
Our MidiKids curriculum is written by us to build on skills developed throughout our MiniKids workshops, however all projects and activities are fully accessible to new children joining the groups. Our experienced practitioners will guide your child through carefully-planned, fun-filled activities which encourage collaboration and stimulate their imagination through exploration of:
- Performance from Script
- Use of Voice
- Musical Theatre
- Responsiveness to a scene/character
- Devising & Improvisation
- Genre exploration (Musical Theatre, Melodrama, Slapstick, Drama)
- LAMDA examinations on request
- Parents of MidiKids receive written updates each term on their child’s development.
- MidiKids share performance work with family and friends at three stages throughout the year, allowing parents to regularly celebrate their child’s progress.
- All our musical theatre and drama workshops provide opportunities for children to work in friendship groups- and with others- to develop confidence and social skills.
- Simple Mindfulness techniques are utilised in workshops to promote wellbeing and self-awareness.
CLAPTON – The Round Chapel, Glenarm Rd – MONDAYS 5pm – 6pm
STOKE NEWINGTON – The Old Fire Station, Leswin Rd – THURSDAYS 5pm – 6pm
FOREST GATE – Space East, Cranmer Road – MONDAYS 4.45pm – 5.45pm
FOREST GATE – Durning Hall Community Centre, Earlham Grove – THURSDAYS 5pm – 6pm
WALTHAMSTOW – The Community Hub, Orford Road – WEDNESDAYS 5pm – 6pm
WALTHAMSTOW – The Greenleaf Centre, Greenleaf Road – THURSDAYS 5pm – 6pm
CHINGFORD MOUNT – St. Edmunds Church, Larkswood Road – WEDNESDAYS 5pm – 6pm
LEYTON – Leyton Sports Ground Pavilion, 2, Crawley Road – TUESDAYS 5pm – 6pm
Following advice from Public Health England and the Department for Education, we’ve worked hard to adapt our workshops and holiday courses to meet the latest government guidelines whilst maintaining all the benefits of our safe, confidence-building environment and developing social skills with evermore focus on wellbeing.
The monthly cost for our after-school workshops amounts to £40, paid via direct debit.