ShowKids Complaints Policy
At ShowKids we aim to work in partnership with parents to deliver a high quality childcare service and after-school and holiday course provision for everyone. If for any reason we fall short of this goal, we would like to be informed in order to amend our practices for the future. Our complaints policy is accessible on our website at all times. Records of all complaints are kept for at least three years. A summary of complaints is available for parents on request.
The managing director; Natalie Janvrin, is responsible for dealing with complaints. If the complaint is about Natalie Janvrin, another senior member of staff will investigate the matter. Any complaints received about staff members will be recorded on an Incident log and a Complaints log will be completed. Any complaints made will be dealt with in the following manner:
Complaints about aspects of ShowKids’ activity:
- Natalie will discuss the matter informally with the parent or carer concerned and aim to reach a satisfactory resolution.
Complaints about an individual staff member:
- If appropriate the parent will be encouraged to discuss the matter with staff concerned.
- If the parent feels that this is not appropriate, the matter will be discussed with Natalie, who will then discuss the complaint with the staff member and try to reach a satisfactory resolution.
If it is impossible to reach a satisfactory resolution to the complaint through informal discussion, the parent or carer should put their complaint in writing to Natalie Janvrin. Natalie will:
- Acknowledge receipt of the letter within 7 days.
- Investigate the matter and notify the complainant of the outcome within 28 days.
- Send a full response in writing, to all relevant parties, including details of any recommended changes to be made to ShowKids practices or policies as a result of the complaint.
- Meet relevant parties to discuss the club’s response to the complaint, either together or on an individual basis.
If child protection issues are raised, Natalie will refer the situation to the ShowKids DSL; Thomas Janvrin, who will then contact the Local Authority Designated Officer (LADO) and follow the procedures of the ShowKids Safeguarding Policy. If a criminal act may have been committed, Natalie Janvrin will contact the police.
Making a complaint to Ofsted
Any parent or carer can submit a complaint to Ofsted about ShowKids Theatre School at any time. Ofsted will consider and investigate all complaints. Ofsted’s address is: Ofsted, Piccadilly Gate, Store Street, Manchester M1 2WD
Telephone: 0300 123 1231 (general enquiries)
0300 123 4666 (complaints)